Our most popular feed! Sunglo® 18 G-Line™ meal feed is an 18% protein option that can be positioned across a wide range of genetics to promote optimal growth, muscling and body condition. If you’re looking for a 16% protein option, check out Sunglo® 16-G™.
Using Sunglo® 18-G™:
- Sunglo® 18-G™ can be fed once your pig reaches 75 lbs. and up, or at any time during the feeding period depending on genetics, maturity and style of pig you’re feeding.
- At the start of the feeding period, gradually introduce Sunglo® 18-G™ over time the first few days, divided into two equal feedings.
- Start at a rate of up to 3 lbs. per day for younger pigs, and up to 8 lbs. per head per day for pigs 200 lbs. and up, all while adjusting the amount based on consumption, end goal, and rate of gain.
- Transition slowly from one ration to another to minimize risk of digestive upsets.
- Be sure to include Sunglo® CleanOut™ as part of your deworming protocol.
- Always be sure to keep pigs warm, dry, and allow plenty of fresh, free choice water.
Slowing Rate of Gain:
If your pigs are gaining too rapidly, it may be necessary to use one of the following options:
- Add Sunglo® Full Tank™ at a rate of 1-2 lbs. per head per day to control desired weight gain.
Check out our unmatched supplement lineup:
Guaranteed Analysis for Sunglo® 18-G™:
*consult with your veterinarian and local G-Line manufacturer for custom medication options